Sunday, September 18, 2011

Here it goes.....

Yipppeee! This is my first post of many. I have been wanting to start a blog for the past year, and today I finally bit the bullet and away we go! So, just to bring you up to speed, my name is Meg Bernier and I moved from Boston, MA 5 years ago this past August to Chicago, IL. Over the past 5 years I have meet a ton of amazing people whom I have shared tremendous experiences with, One of whom is my boyfriend Chris. We recently moved into a first time purchased home (condo) in Chicago with our dog Fenwick. Its truly perfect, and has opened up the door to endless amounts of projects to blog about. So today I wanted to kick off this new adventure with some before and after.... but still in progress photos of the new place.

When we first set eyes on the condo we knew it was perfect. And with a little cosmetic work, we could call it a home. You will see 3 sets of pictures. One set is with the previous owners furniture prior to move in. The second set is us having moved in, but prior to the contractors and the third set is after the contractors with a little of our furniture and little to no accessorizing. Lets just say its a work in progress!!!


                                                    
 Previous owners layout and our realtor
                         The space was very dark and had a lot of Arts and Crafts style influence


                    We MOVED!!!! These are the photos post the move but prior to the contractos.


                             The space is perfect. We just needed things to be lighter and brighter.
                            A lot of dark woods and track lighting created for a slightly dated space
                    I love red walls, especially in a dining room. But the red in the entry just did not work


Stay tuned for after......

No comments:

Post a Comment