Thursday, October 20, 2011

The wreath needed a little help......

So, my burlap wreath ( I blogged about this a couple blogs ago) was hung on the front door, and it looked great. But every time I would walk up the stairs to my front door I would think.... it needs something. So I thought how can I spice it up? I thought of things I had around the house to make it a quick fix, and this is what I came up with.

FABRIC FLOWERS.
A great thing about these fabric flowers is that they are easy, and very universal. You could make a hairpiece, a ribbon belt or even add them as a broach or accessory to a bag or present.

Materials:
* Any old piece of fabric, scarf, shirt.....anything
* Glue Gun or Fabric Glue
* Scissors
* Thread and needle
* Beads ( I took an old earring)
* Wire

Step 1:
Cut your fabric about 1 or 2 inches vertically to make a long strip

Step 2:
Tie a knot at one of the ends
Step 3:
Dab a little glue on the side of the knot

Step 4:
Twist the fabric as you rotate it around the center the the knot, while making sure the first round about covers the glue
Step 5:
Dab a small amount of glue every 1/4" so that the fabric stays in place
Step 6:
Once the flower is to the size you would like it, simply cut the fabric and tuck the remainder on the back side. Give it one more dab of glue to secure the end.

Step 7:
Then I took my old earring and broke off the beads. Thread the beads onto the center of the flower for a finishing touch


Step 8:
Take a piece of wire and thread it through the back for simple attachments such as a wreath


                                                Who knew an old scarf could look so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment